WES requires that all external examination results for the National Senior Certificate (or its predecessor, the Senior Certificate) be sent directly to WES by Umalusi (the South African Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training). Results must be sent by Umalusi regardless of the accredited assessment agency that oversees administration of the examination.
Required documents include:
- Photocopies of all degree certificates or diplomas issued in English by the institutions attended – submitted by the applicant.
- Academic transcripts issued in English for all post-secondary programs of study – sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.
For doctoral programs without coursework, a letter confirming the awarding of doctorate must be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.
Click here for a PDF file of the academic documents referred to below.
- National Senior Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Arts (Honors) – Academic Transcript
- Bachelor of Arts – Degree Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) – Degree Certificate
- Bachelor of Social Work – Academic Transcript
- Bachelor of Social Work – Degree Certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma – Academic Transcript
- Postgraduate Diploma – Degree Certificate
- Master of Science – Academic Transcript
- Master of Science – Degree Certificate
- National Diploma/Bachelor of Technology – Academic Transcript
- National Diploma – Degree Certificate
- Bachelor of Technology – Degree Certificate
- Doctor of Philosophy – Academic Transcript
- Doctor of Philosophy – Degree Certificate